GE Power Recruitment 2018 | Engineer Jobs | Freshers | Bangalore | GE Power Water & Process Technologies Hiring for Engineer – Chemical Engineering and Science Jobs at Bangalore
Company: GE Power Water & Process Technologies
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a leading global supplier of water treatment, wastewater treatment and process systems solutions. WTS delivers value to the customers with the help of integrated solutions for Industrial wastewater which enable customers to not only comply with regulations but also achieve high quality of treated water for reuse. These products and services are used to optimize total water/process system performance, safeguard customer assets from corrosion, fouling and scaling, and protect the environment through water and energy conservation.
Job Title: Engineer – Chemical Engineering and Science
Career Level : Entry-Level
Location : Bangaluru
Function : Engineering/Technology
Job Id : 3082433
Qualification: Masters/PhD in Chemical Engineering or Biotechnology Engg or Environmental Engg or Equivalent
• Characterization of wastewater followed by detailed analysis
• Treatability assessment based on rigorous lab as well as simulation studies and solution mapping based on customer requirement
• Conceptualization of the solution followed by process benchmarking and treatment scheme lay-out with a basic cost and performance model
• Piloting proposed solution at the lab or customer site, collection and analysis of the data as a prelude to solution scale-up
• Coordinating with the engineering, commissioning and commercial teams
• Assure proper documentation of procedures; technical data-analysis-recommendations for the studies carried out
To be a member of the Applications & Solutions team within WTS with a responsibility to identify/develop treatment schemes for specific Industrial wastewater/effluent applications and evolve solutions which meet both the cost and performance criteria. It is preferred that the candidate be familiar with methods of treating wastewater, reliability/sustainability of the identified solution and operator friendliness.
• Masters/PhD in Chemical Engineering or Biotechnology Engg or Environmental Engg or Equivalent
• 0-3 years of experience in Industrial or R&D set-up
• Experience in product and process development with ability to define and execute technical requirements addressing customer/market needs.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written.
• Ability to prioritize and execute projects within a specified time-period
• Ability to scale-up lab and pilot studies to large scale solution
• Ability to evaluate external technologies, identify merits and limitations along with bench-marking performance with competing alternatives
• Familiarity with basic water chemistry and physico-chemical properties.
• Good understanding of biological treatment of wastewater; microbial population, selectivity and biochemical pathways; aerobic and anaerobic processes.
• Exposure to electro-chemical methods of treating water, adsorption for impurity separation, coagulation and precipitation, and advanced oxidation methods would be a strong plus.
• Knowledge and working experience with membrane based separation techniques such as UF/NF/RO preferred.
• Proficiency in Six-Sigma techniques and regression modeling highly preferred.